6 Ways to Take Care of Your Body and Mind
Everyone needs to strive for optimum health. This state of health involves physical and mental health. You cannot claim to be healthy without taking care of your mental health.
Luckily, one can do many simple things to take care of the body and mind. Simple lifestyle changes alongside adopting some habits can go a long way to ensure optimum health. This article will explore helpful ways one can take care of the body and mind:
Use Cannabis for Relaxation
THC in cannabis triggers a release of dopamine in the body. As a result, you have a surge of feel-good hormones, which gives users a pleasant high. At low doses, some specific strains of cannabis are known to reduce stress and improve optimum health.
Cannabis strains like is purple punch strain good can be your ticket to relaxation and high-quality life. Also, cannabis is incredibly beneficial in reducing inflammation, preventing seizures, addressing anxiety disorders, and lowering blood pressure.
Many people are innocently addicted to their devices, even though many don’t like to acknowledge it. Yet, excessive reliance on gadgets, especially smartphones, comes with cons. It affects physical and mental health in various negative ways.
Here are some issues that are associated with excessive reliance on a smartphone:
- Increased exposure to germs because many cell phone surfaces provide the perfect platform for germs
- You will have trouble sleeping if you use your device before bed
- According to research, radiation from a cellphone can affect the quality of sperm in terms of mobility, count, morphology, and viability in males.
- Addiction to mobile phones reduces the chances of physically going out and meeting people. Yet connecting with others on a physical level have a series of advantages.
Have Healthy Sleeping Habits
Your sleep health can have a significant effect on your mind and body. Many people, however, do not get the required hours of sleep every day. As a result, the body and mind suffer greatly. For instance, inadequate sleep sets the stage for overeating, makes one cranky, and paves the way for stress and depression.
However, one’s habit has a significant impact on sleep health. For instance, your meal, exercise level, daily interactions, etc., determine how easy it will be to fall asleep. The good news is that you can develop habits that make it easy to fall asleep easily at night. Here are some recommendations:
- Stay away from caffeine and coffee late in the evening
- Have a set time you go to bed every day. This will work with the internal clock, ensuring there is a balance.
- Avoid all forms of the screen (phone screen, TV, laptops); about an hour to sleep
- Limit what you do in the bedroom to sleeping and sex
- Reduce noise and light interference in your bedroom
- Ensure to get enough sunlight during the day
This ancient Indian practice is a powerful self-care tool that takes physical and mental health care. Meditation can improve sleep, fight stress, improve high blood pressure, lower cancer, address pain, etc. It can improve many illnesses and mental health issues as well.
A few minutes of meditation every day is enough to get you started. With time, you can graduate and gradually increase the time you spend meditating. A few recommendations on meditations are:
- Deep breathing exercise: get into a comfortable position, count slowly to four while you breathe in. feel your stomach rise, hold your breath and count to four again. Watch as your stomach fall again.
- Mindful meditation: all your attention will be on your breath. While thoughts might arise, let them slide without judgment.
- Visualization: get yourself into a comfortable position (whether sitting or lying), close your eyes and imagine a comfortable place. It can be a forest or beach and engage your entire sense.
Concentrate on Healthy Meals
Unknown to many people, the food we consume has a lot of influence on people. It supplies energy to tackle daily activities, but it also contributes to weight gain or loss, depression, etc. Healthy eating is essential as it prevents inflammation which sets the stage for various health issues. One needs to concentrate on healthy meals like fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, and others.
Reducing junk and other unhealthy food is also a good idea. As much as possible, resist the urge to eat outside and focus on homemade meals. You get the pleasure of creating your meals, controlling the constituent of your meal, and structuring it to fit your health goals.
Spend Time in Nature
You get many advantages from spending time in Nature. Vitamin D from the sun, for instance, is incredibly beneficial. Besides facilitating the release of endorphins and other feel-good hormones, it also prepares you for a good night’s rest.
Also, the time you spend in nature can reduce stress, bring down blood pressure, and expose you to clean air, especially when done in the forest. You also give your immune system a boost, according to research.
So, don’t ditch the opportunity to take a hike or spend time on the beach. Better still, when done amongst friends, the experience will be memorable. If you feel feverish and need to get checked, you can do it by clicking here .
Investing in taking care of your body and mind is a practice everyone should adopt. It comes with a series of benefits that makes one live a higher quality of life and reduce the tendency of sickness.